- Introduction to the underlying principles of teaching language
- Ways of presenting new language items
- Techniques for further practice with emphasis on speaking
- Use of visual aids, drama techniques and video
- The listening skill, including use of taped material
- The reading skill, including use of authentic material and readers
- The writing skill
- Timetabling from coursebooks
- Alternative approaches to language teaching
- Analysis of language from a foreign learner’s point of view
- Correction techniques
- Teaching pronunciation
The course also included teaching practice followed by reflection and feedback.
As a teacher at the same school I taught English to speakers of other languages of various ages and abilities and was responsible for: preparing lessons; marking homework; correcting exams; writing reports; communicating with parents and administrative duties as required by the department (e.g. compiling Cambridge assessment papers). I gained experience of teaching 1-2-1 and groups, children and adults, extensive and intensive courses.
Outside of my school experience I have worked with a number of private clients and groups delivering tailored lessons mainly to young learners to help with homework and exam preparation.
- CELTA qualification
- Professional Development Interview 2008
- Sample Lesson Plan (coming soon)